CryoSette™ Frozen Tissue Storage System
The CryoSette™ is designed for frozen tissue collection, transport and storage. It can also be used for storing a variety of other specimens in all laboratories. The robust design ensures that tissue morphology will be well preserved.
- Base made of acetyl resin polymer
- Screw cap is made of high density polyethylene
- Offers sample specimen storage in upright/chest freezer and LN2 vapor phase dewar down to -196°C
- Color code inserts available
- Cardboard label for CryoSette™
- Transparent plastic label cover
- Top writing or cryo label space for labeling
- Maintains the integrity of tissue samples
- Choice of two storage boxes
The 2.5ml container features a wide-mouth opening and a high integrity screw closure. It is designed for a flat bottom and straight sides for easy tissue removal. The specific shape of the CryoSette™ allows its manipulation to be optimized, whether you are using gloves or not. The CryoSette™ efficiently stores tissue samples in -86°C ultra low freezers or in the gas phase of LN2 in Dewar flasks at -196°C, but not in LN2 liquid phase.
The CryoSette™ screw closure and base are designed so they will not seize at low temperatures. Rapid visual 1-1/4 turn on/off. Color-coded inserts available in 5 colors.
The CryoSette™ offers two surfaces for handwriting or applying identification labels: an interior surface and a larger space underneath the base. A thin Cardboard I.D. Label (product number 20955-10) and Plastic Transparent Cover (product number 20955-11) are available for the latter. The CryoSette™ is compatible with common tracking methods. The anterior writing surface is improved for ink adherence. Color Coded Identification Inserts (product numbers 20955-5 through 20955-9) are available in 5 colors: blue, red, green, yellow and lilac.